Friday, February 10, 2012

CONTENTMENT...almost

I sat in a meeting with a coworker this afternoon who was wearing some shoes that looked a little like this...

I know, right?  How beautiful are they?  Such a fun color for winter that works with pretty much everything, and they even look kinda comfy!  Covet much?  Wow.

I'm resisting the urge to "drop by" Goodwill to "happen upon" a great new-to-me pair of shoes.  Instead, I'm determining to dig through my own shoe collection for a pair that doesn't get out much and give them a night on the town this weekend.  I like to call this the love-the-one-you're-with strategy for cutting back on excessive thrifting (it's a real thing, people).

What are your plans for this pre-V Day weekend?  Personally, I'm hoping for some snuggle time and several cups of tea this evening and to get snowed in for a lazy Saturday tomorrow, but to get the car out in time for a real haircut (first time in over a year!) and a Sweetheart Banquet tomorrow night.  Fingers crossed.

And now I leave you with a little jump start into your love-weekend...doesn't it make you just wanna hug someone???  



XOXO
~Rach



2 comments:

  1. Oh man those shoes are so cuute! I have a hard time avoiding Goodwill went I have my eyes set on something. Haha.

    See Me Rwar

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that scene from dirty dancing!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

talk to me!