Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ain't No Dance Mom

I'm sure you've all seen this show before...or if not, the previews are quite enough to get the gist of it, I promise.  Now of course, so-called "reality" tv is all about the editing, and this show certainly takes the cake for editing.  Rarely have women looked less ladylike on television.  Do I watch this show regularly?  Uh...no.  I've seen enough, thanks.  So why do I bring this up? 
Because of this lady right here.

This is my lovely momma.  Now in retrospect, I probably could have benefited from some dance lessons (yours truly, the klutz), but I am SO GRATEFUL that my momma was the farthest thing from a "dance mom".  My mother taught me by her example to be competitive and (I hope) fun, but not at the expense of others.  At all times I have known her, she has owned who she is and played to her strengths, all the while working on her weaknesses with honesty.  My mother is at all times genuine, approachable, and ladylike.  I'll never be much of a dancer, but I'd be happier to share half her grace in my lifetime rather than dance with the best of them on stage.  Television sure knows how to show us the worst of women, but take a good look...this is a lady.

Do the "Dance Moms" make you love your momma more, too?  I love Mom stories--do tell!

5 comments:

  1. So sweet!! <3 Sarah

    http://prettylittlefawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen the show but can only imagine how horrid!
    How blessed you are to have had such a mom! I feel the same way about mine:)
    Cheers,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Makes you appreciate the ones you love! Great pic of the two of you...Thanks for sharing.

    Lola
    http://beeyoutifulyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so sweet, even moving ! I agree, your mum is a true Lady =) and the pic of you two together is so lovely ! My mum is like yours too, she taught me so many things and I feel the same towards mine !
    You're invited to enter Fashion and Cookies' Glam Girl giveaway to win two amazing make up sets from Benefit and Urban Decay !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree and the picture of you and your mama is ADORABLE!!! Be sure to enter the giveaway I'm hosting on my blog to win some adorable hair pieces!

    -Cecilia
    http://dearest-lou.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-from-jennie-moss-design.html

    ReplyDelete

talk to me!