Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Patty Day

It's a big day in my house.  My very own St. Patty has been busy in the kitchen all morning, filling my home with smells of corned beef and cabbage, steak & ale pie, colcannon, irish soda bread, and every possible flavor of jelly belly that is a shade of green.  It's our little family tradition to have a bunch of friends over to share this feast, and I love that he insists on doing most of the work himself!  :)

It also happens to be 73 degrees and sunny outside, so all the windows are open and the hubby is playing lumberjack with some dead trees in the backyard.  The pool is almost completely drained, and it ALSO happens to be sporting a festive shade of green!

I decided to go with Revlon's Jaded for my nails this weekend...
Also, I had to see what all the fuss was about these things...
Yes, it's true.  I've never before had a Shamrock Shake from McD's til now.  And no, congratulations are not in order.  I think I've mentioned before that I have hypoglycemia, so this was not a great choice for muah, but in my defense, I tried this earlier in the week...
and it was seriously so gross!!!  And that's coming from a girl who can usually ignore the taste of the medical food (protein powder) I use in my shakes and smoothies.  It looked pretty but I absolutely could not stomach it so it went down the drain :( and I went to McDonald's!  I feel like the guilt of all that sugar should be cancelled out by the fact that I TRIED the healthier version first, right??

Have a great and safe holiday, friends!  I'll be back later this weekend with my sweet clothing swap scores!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me!