Friday, March 2, 2012

Prepping for a Clothing Swap Party

I did it!  The evites are out, the date is set, and I have exactly one week to plan my first clothing swap party!  I've been wanting to try one for a while since I just can't get enough of thrifting--what better way to thrift than for free, in the comfort of your own home, with your best friends, and with a cocktail in hand!  I mentioned it to a few friends and they seemed excited to try it so I went to the good ole' interwebs for some guidance.  I read several articles that popped up in my google search, such as this one, which I found enormously helpful for figuring out how these things work.  I figure this is the perfect event to host in my new fixer-upper home, partly because we have very little furniture and zero decorations, making it easy to set up a "boutique" on the first floor.  I'm personally excited to fill my empty wall of bookshelves like the "ebay fashion wall" on Project Runway.  *squeal*

Instead of frantically watching the evite rsvp's coming into my inbox, I should probably be focusing in on things like what to serve for refreshments...I'm thinking a cute mocktail since a few of my friends are preggers and some kind of cheese tray?  Here's some ideas I've had pinned for a while...
http://terristable.blogspot.com/2010/06/apps-and-im-not-talkin-iphone.html#.T1FOaeYu3Ak
http://pinterest.com/pin/287667494917913978/
Banana Cinnamon Cupcakes with Nutella Centers
and something mimosa-like for the mocktail?  maybe with raspberries in it?  I'm really so excited for this and I hope everyone enjoys it!  Have you ever hosted a swap or been to one?  Any advice for me?  I'd love to hear your suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. that sounds so fun!!! and i just put your button up on my site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh how I love throwing a good party...been too long!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me!