Saturday, March 24, 2012

Weekend Favorites

It's a good Saturday, folks.  A good, good day.  It's been a long week and I really needed a rainy day like this to sleep in, frolic around my house and decompress.  Here's a few things that are cheering me up right now.
Totally thrifted these babies at Goodwill this week...major score from my "list".  May have also thrifted a chocolate brown pleather skirt...you know, one of those $2 impulse buys you might never actually have the guts to wear in public.  I'm thinking with these loafers and my chambray shirt?  Would you do it?
Fun vintage watering can hubs insisted on buying me this week.  I think it may be his secret ploy to try to get me to keep watering the houseplants.  Let's just say I don't have the reputation of keeping things alive in this house.  Speaking of...
Check it!  4 living plants!  My Christmas cactus is going strong after 1.5 years, my aloe plant is still kickin' after about a year, and I'm loving this hyacinth from a friend, and it really is true!  You can grow green onions in a mason jar above your sink...this one's sprouting after about 3 days!  Look at me go!
But these, THESE are the Pièce de résistance...I planted some flower seeds last Saturday, and was delighted to see 5 pretty little red sproutlings yesterday!  How exciting!  I'm cheering for them, and perhaps patting myself on the back a little for this brilliant accomplishment!  You don't understand how bad I am at this.

So I guess I got a little amibitious after that and my afternoon turned into this...
The hubs is really excited about doing our first veggie garden this year, and I'm determined to try and learn as much as I can about it.  So I planted 104 cells...lots of maters, squash, beans, peas, melons, lettuces, a few herbs, onions...all kinds of goodies!  Fingers crossed that something grows!!!
Dragged out the ole magic bullet to make a fruit smoothie for lunch...why don't I do that more often?
This breezy rain is bringing down my beautiful magnolia blossoms that have made an early appearance this week in the freakishly warm March weather.  But how pretty!
and I just can't stop staring at these beauties that showed up in my mailbox this week.  These stamped coffee spoons are from Jessica N Designs...from a giveaway I won on Much Love, Illy's blog.  (Shout out, ladies!  Love you both!)  Like everyone else, I'm sure, I feel like I never win anything...and I could not have been more excited to win these gorgeous vintage spoons!  I'm kinda coffee obsessed...even the hubs loves these!  Such beautiful work--you seriously need to check these out!
And finally, this.  I did a bit of therapeutic house cleaning with the windows open and the pitter patter of rain mixed with fresh breeze.  I am that fool who dances with the broom and therefore, takes twice as long to do menial tasks.  No, I'm not a chronic glee watcher, but I do love this jam for a good rainy day.  Happy weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me!