Thursday, June 21, 2012

Antiques on the Cheap



I just love not spending money.
  Or at least not much of it. 
 Here are some of my latest cheap-o finds that now live on my porch.  



Old wooden toolbox that I found in Goodwill for a few dollaz.  Gold mine.


Took my little oregano plant and a little lavender...


filled it with a little peat moss, and here it sits.  Yes, I know it's lopsided.  I just can't decide what to plant on the left side.



Then there are my little wooden shutters I bought for a few bucks from someone in my community.  I sanded them down a month ago when hubby gave me a powersander lesson.  


I took some of this ($6 at Ace Hardware)...


 Spray-painted it pathetically (on purpose)...


I liked the "distressed" look of an inconsistent single coat, so I left it that way!  It's now sitting next to my herb barrel on the porch...



Meet my herb barrel.  Found this half barrel in a Goodwill bargain room last summer for about $3.  I started all kinds of herb seeds in it in the spring, and whaddyaknow?  They grew!

What have you found lately that made your heart skip a beat?
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had the time to grow a little garden of sorts...I'm in the process of packing and moving and have TONS of antiques I'm getting rid of...I've had them for so long and ready for a change, that and the fact I don't want to tote them to the next place...I bet you'd like some of the stuff...I won't tell you that JUST yesterday I went antique shopping to look at vintage clothing and such...should I really be doing this when I'm trying to get rid of other things? Prolly not. BUT came across the most Fantastic bed sheets and pillow cases which are still dancing in my head...which means, I did NOT buy them...oh well. Great post. Love DIY projects and herbs.

    Have a great Friday!
    Hugs,
    Lola

    P.S. I'm doing a little giveaway on my blog, which started today...you should stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete

talk to me!