Monday, August 20, 2012

Way Overdue Product Review

Once again, I've had time off from work, and yet, I've blogged about 0 times.  Not sure how it always works out that way.  I still have a lot to catch you up on from the summer and school starts tomorrow!  But first, I need to tell you about some products I've been using thanks to Influenster and the Summer VoxBox.  If you haven't already checked out this program, it's definitely worth doing.  Essentially, you sign up and answer some fun quick questionnaires about yourself to earn badges.  Then you wait.  I signed up several months ago and honestly forgot about it and then started receiving emails at the beginning of the summer saying that I'd qualified to receive a box!  You get a box of new products in the mail to try and review.  No cost, which of course, is a biggie for me :) 
So without further ado...
Behold, the box.
First up is Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration sunscreen, spf 30.  This is my little pool companion and I give it 4 out of 5 stars!  The smell is amazing...a little beachy, a little citrusy, yum.  It's a great quality sunscreen so it doesn't leave you slimy and sticky.  And the stripes you see on the bottle?  Those are hydrating ribbons in the sunscreen and it's exactly what the product itself looks like when you use it.  My skin felt amazing after using this and it protected my skin very well.  The only thing I'm not crazy about is that I typically prefer spray-on sunscreens for the ease and convenience.  And hey, when I'm sitting by the pool by myself, I can't rub lotion into my own back!  But if you're ok with lotion, this is definitely a product to pick up!
Next up is the Nails & Cuticles Hand Cream from Sally Hansen.  This is a fantastic hand cream.  Again, no sticky slimy residue, but great hydration for my dishwashing, cooking, gardening hands.  I found this to be a lot better than those twisty cuticle pen things that I always make a mess with.  5 out of 5 stars for sure.
Oh man.  This is so good.  Banana Nut Bread Soft Baked Bar from Quaker.  This little guy has 6 grams of protein!  Hollerrrrrr!  Will definitely buy more of these for "treats" when I need the extra protein boost.  The package boasts that these are great warmed up, and I'm sure they would be.  I ate mine in an emergency hypoglycemic moment, and it was still great without microwaving.  Truly delicious, and totally without the typical cardboard-protein taste.  WIN!  6 out of 5 stars!
Now...Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color Nail Effects.  This is the most awesome thing I've seen in a while, to be quite honest.  I was lucky enough to get this deep blue color with black effects.  LOVE!
So here's the deal...you take off the cap (which is the magnet) and open the bottle, paint one coat on your nails and let dry.  Then you paint one nail at a time with a thick second coat (it has to be pretty thick to work).  Hold the magnet right over the nail (just above so not touching) for about 20 seconds.  (The bottle says 10 seconds, but I found that 20 is much much cooler!)  When you life the magnet, you'll find the coolest wavy 3d design.
 
 This pic was taken after using the magnet for only 10 seconds...
This one after 20 seconds...
This product was so so fun to play around with.  Will definitely try this again.  The colors in the store so far are all darker, fall tones.  I'd love to check out the purple!  6 out of 5 stars!
And finally, in the cute little pink pouch on the windowsill of my ugly under-construction bathroom, are my Radiant collection feminine products.  The pouch is great, fits a lot of products, and is perfect for my desk drawer at work.  The products themselves are packaged well, great-quality, and high-performance.  I've already purchased a few boxes in store.  5 out of 5 stars!
So my first VoxBox experience with Influenster was very positive.  I really hope I qualify again for a box...so fun!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I keep wanting to try out the magnet nail polish but havne't yet. It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got some great stuff! I tried birch box for awhile and was really disappointed in it... this one looks great!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me!