Friday, April 6, 2012

Possibly the Best Day Ever

Yikes...guess I'm a little behind on blogging this week.  Too much fun!!  First let me catch you up on Tuesday, quite possibly the best day ever, rivaled only by Wednesday, but we'll get to that later.

So Tuesday morning began with "teacher craft day".  So several of the ladies I eat lunch with in the teachers' lounge are chronic crafters...legit scrapbookers, knitters, and people who do things with those fancy cricut paper machine things.  They very kindly invited me to "teacher craft day" and naturally, I accepted without even thinking...umm...what am I going to do?  

Don't get me wrong--I love the IDEA of being crafty.  My mom is crafty, for sure.  I occasionally partake in crafty projects.  But I, myself, am not a chronic crafter.  I try not to do things in my spare time that require extreme amounts of patience when I could just as easily watch my mom do them.  So...I spent quite a bit of time on pinterest trying to find something I could do.
 
I didn't look far before I found this brilliant idea from Anna, as I previously mentioned.  Here are my attempts, still waiting for earring backs to be attached because I can't get the lid off the epoxy-ha!  Waiting for the husbot to have a free moment to help me with that.


 
And since that really is a quick project, I decided to try wrapping a wine bottle with yarn.  Surely you've seen these fun things on pinterest...
yarn+bottles
 So since I couldn't find a beer bottle at the time, and the only yarn I have in the house is hunter green...


I will definitely be trying this again with beer bottles and some funner colors...I really want to do a mustard yellow and a fun pink...maybe a blue or a mint?

And then...oh then.  My good friend and I embarked on our long-awaited Goodwill tour...attempting to hit as many thrift stores as we could in the "better" parts of town.  In theory, we would find gobs and gobs of designer clothes for $4.50 and NOT get lost.  In reality, we found some neat things, called our husbands for directions, and were only slightly flabbergasted at the idea of "community dressing rooms"--what??  Check out my goodies!


Holla!  Fun turquoisy skinny jeans that fit perfectly!


coral-y cropped jcrew pants


fun flowy white tank with neat little tie thing

And I also grabbed a cute little cast-iron wine rack so I could do this for my classroom...

marker organizer

And because good days like this can only get better...
we came back to my house and our husbands and some more friends joined us for pizza, peanut butter chocolate truffle cake! (for a little buddy's 6th birthday), and mmmm....margaritas.
With this stuff.


That's what I call a Tuesday.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your find!!
    Good job!
    Isn't it funny how some days you strike gold and then some just plain suck??

    Kirsten
    {travandkirk.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I know...and it's always those days where you're "just looking" that you find a ton of stuff and have to choose what to sneak in the house so hubby doesn't see :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds awesome! I love the wine rack idea. So smart!

    Catherine
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great!
    p.s. tagged you in a post :) http://www.brunchinapril.com/2012/04/your-turn.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh geez--I'll give it a go! you're a good question-asker! haha!

      Delete
  4. this is a great find!

    xo Nav
    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds like an awesome day!! I love the wine rack idea! How cute. I want to do that in my sewing room now! I've just found your blog and think it's fantastic. I'm now following and looking forward to reading more :)
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete

talk to me!